There are many ways to enjoy cannabis. In addition to smoking, there are vapes, edibles, and so much more. Cannabis vapes and edibles are rising to the top as some of the most popular alternatives to the classic joint, giving you more options.
What They Are
Vaping is a method of cannabis consumption that, like smoking, involves inhalation. When you smoke, you combust plant material, which means you also inhale ash and carcinogens. Vaping, on the other hand, involves vaporizing buds, oil, or concentrate. The process uses a lower heat, so the cannabis doesn’t combust, providing a smoother hit.
Edibles are an entirely different form of cannabis consumption. Instead of inhaling cannabis, you eat it. You process the cannabinoids through your liver before they enter your bloodstream and travel throughout your body. There are many types of edibles on the market, including baked goods, chocolates, gummies, water, tea, coffee, and more.
How Long It Takes to Feel the Effects
Like smoking, vaping provides fast-acting results. You’ll typically feel the effects within the first few minutes. Those effects peak within the first 30 minutes, and they last anywhere from one to three hours.
Edibles take longer to kick in. It generally takes about 30 to 90 minutes before you feel anything at all. The effects peak within the first two hours, and they’ll last for around eight.
Pros and Cons of Vapes
As with any method of cannabis use, vaping has its pros and cons. Pros of this method include:
- More discreet than smoking
- It doesn’t produce the same distinctive odors of smoking
- Vape pens are small and portable
- There are many different types of options (flower, oil, concentrate)
Cons of vaping include:
- A quality vape pen or vaporizer device can be costly
- While vapor is smoother than smoke, you’re still inhaling something into your lungs
- You have to keep your vape pen or device clean (which can be tedious)
- Vape pens have to be charged, or else you run the risk of running out of juice before you finish your session
Pros and Cons of Edibles
Pros of edibles include:
- There are many different types of edibles available, allowing you to find something that you’ll enjoy eating or drinking
- They’re incredibly discreet (you can eat or drink without anyone knowing what you’re doing)
- You’re not inhaling anything into your lungs
- You don’t have to worry about the traditional signs of being high (such as dry, red eyes)
- There’s no cannabis odor
- The effects last longer than other consumption methods
Cons of edibles include:
- It can take a while before you feel the effects
- It’s easy to eat too much as you might take another dose before your first one takes effect
- Someone might accidentally mistake your edibles for a regular treat
Which Cannabis Vapes and Edibles Are Right For You?
The choice between cannabis vapes and edibles is based on your personal preference. If you prefer to feel the effects more quickly, vaping may be the ideal solution. Or, if you want something that’s a bit more discreet and provides longer-lasting effects, you might choose edibles. Consider your goals and personal preferences, and you’re sure to find the best option for you.